Judging Amy DVD News

October3
Judging Amy Letter

Click to view enlargement

Read the open letter from Judging Amy fans to CBS & FOX executives that ran in yesterday’s Hollywood Reporter!

Post your comments!

18 Comments to

“Judging Amy DVD News”

1. Avatar September 20th, 2011 at 11:47 pm Masha Says:

Any progress on this front?! My grandma would love to pop in a JA DVD on a night when there’s nothing interesting on. It’s one of her favorite shows ever (and that says a lot because she’s been around for quite a while now…).

2. Avatar November 27th, 2011 at 8:39 pm Megan Harp Says:

I loved this series and was so sad when it was cancelled. I really hope that one day I will again be able to watch the Gray family again!

3. Avatar February 18th, 2012 at 9:36 pm Hnds2heal Says:

What is the problem. They only stand to make money off of a DVD set.

4. Avatar September 27th, 2012 at 3:02 am Anna Says:

any news on that?

5. Avatar December 26th, 2012 at 1:03 pm Joeshill 0609 Says:

Network stupidity is by no means,a new thing. we have
    CBS for that example,who,without any warning or notice,
    canceled “JUDGING AMY” in 2005,and smashed an
    audience,which was still pretty high in numbers and viewers. now,some 8 years after this serious insult,we fans
    of this well made Amy Brenneman TV drama,have been
    inquiring as to when this 1999-2005 series will be released
    on DVD,,and it is still an insult,when most TV shows have
    already been released,but with acception to a few,who have yet to taste that privilage,the wait can be longer then
    it is worth! so fans of the series need to contact 20th Century Fox Television to ask why this TV series has not
    been made availible on DVD-and make a serious petition
    to follow-up on this noteworthy task,before another eight years go by,without any resolve!

6. Avatar December 28th, 2012 at 7:50 pm Librarianchic411 Says:

Amy,

What is the hold up w/ the release of the JA DVDs? I’m 29 yrs. old & a closeted TV junkie & JA is my all time fave! I hate watching it on GMC! They edit soooo much & skip episodes that don’t follow their demo of religious/conservative viewers.

Please do something!

7. Avatar August 21st, 2013 at 1:38 pm Vantage100 Says:

Put on DVD!!!!!!!

8. Avatar October 28th, 2013 at 10:56 pm Michael Says:

there should be a DVD but there isn’t because Judging Amy Was a co-production between CBS Productions and 20th Century Fox

they have not been willing to work together to make the DVD happen

Amy said so herself on a vlog she posted to youTube that seems to be unavailable at the moment

9. Avatar June 12th, 2014 at 10:02 am trvally Says:

Can a cable network get the rights to Judging Amy and then produce a 2 hour TV movie special? I bet soooooo many people will watch it, even after all of these years. Amy, can you pitch this idea to some other network?

10. Avatar September 4th, 2014 at 3:46 am Leane Watt Says:

From the previous posts it looks like the quest to get Judging Amy onto DVD has failed. I am embarrassed to say that I have all seasons of JA on DVD which I purchased this year from what I thought was a reputable DVD store (don’t we love the internet?). As a huge fan this was my Mothers’ Day present to myself. What I received was not what I was expecting with missing episodes, discs that didn’t work and some episodes complete with American advertising (which as an Aussie, I thought quite funny). If anyone can update me on where this is at – I would really appreciate it as I do like to give dues to those who deserve it. Also happy to pass on information on the dodgy DVD sellers.

11. Avatar January 20th, 2015 at 4:11 pm Debbie Says:

For anyone who has Directv–JA is shown every day on the UP Channel. The only thing that bugs me is it’s a Christian channel, so some episodes are omitted and they bleep all the bad words. But, at least I get to see it.

12. Avatar April 10th, 2015 at 12:39 pm Kathi Says:

Would to to see a JA reunion or something now after all this time. This has been one of my all time faves.

13. Avatar July 8th, 2015 at 12:26 pm Charleen Falsone Says:

Please release JA on DVD already. My favorite show of all time. I watch it on UP (thank goodness I at least have that), but they do not show all episodes and they are not in order. I know there is a demand out there for it. What us the problem?

14. Avatar August 1st, 2015 at 10:14 am Mike Cookson Says:

I loved this show and was very disappointed when it was canceled, and like the others have been waiting for it to be released. There appears to be a season #1 release that can be imported from Denmark, but requires a player that works with PAL. It seems weird that it was released for Europe, but not here in the US.

15. Avatar August 17th, 2015 at 2:08 am Susan Marek Says:

I wish their was a DVD for JA, I haven’t been able to get a lot of channels, but, one day I was surfing the guide and I found UP Channel, and their was Judging Amy. I just love this show, its my favorite. I don’t get HBO, so I can’t see the new series, but, I wish they would release the JA on DVD. I guess for now, I can watch it on UP Channel, I just discovered it a month ago, at least I have that.

16. Avatar April 2nd, 2016 at 10:00 pm eileen Says:

I too am a fan of Judging Amy. At the moment we are getting re runs here in Sydney Australia.
    Please guys pull your finger out and give permission for the dvd to be released…the fans would appreciate it!

17. Avatar April 29th, 2016 at 10:32 am Maggie Says:

Please please release Judging Amy on DVD!

18. Avatar May 23rd, 2016 at 4:22 pm Karen Says:

I can’t believe this still hasn’t been released on DVD. Best show ever! I check Amazon on occasion, looking for the complete set, but… nothing. After all these years, can someone at 20th Century Fox please understand that the fans are still waiting?

I’d buy the series in a heartbeat.

Email will not be published

Website example